Monday, July 16, 2012

Hey, Daydreamer!

What is your dream?

One of the simplest yet the most complex question that everyone of us have answered. If we ask a child what's his/her dream, they would just blurt out any occupation that they know of. A Doctor, Nurse, Lawyer and all of those well-known professions in our country. I think it's kinda unfair to the children to ask what they want to be in a world that they do not even know. They do not know how sweet and cruel our world is. How things really are different to the comfortable world their parents made especially for them.


What is my dream?
.
.
.
MY DREAM..
.
.
MINE.
.
That is... I do not know. Is the word "goal" synonymous to the word "dream"? If yes, then this would be my dream. If not, I am in a deep trouble. But then again, let's take a yes from my question and talk about my dreams.


My dreams are simple and do what it pleases. I think the main point of my dream would be, "Live day by day as it is and let opportunities find you. They will always come." That's how lazy I am as a person. I don't think I am a type of person that will give up everything just because I want something. I think I'm the type of person that will just go with the flow and let things happen in its own accord. The type of person that will watch as things happen and not make it happen. If you know me, please correct me if I am wrong about myself. I do not have the confidence if what I said about myself is true.


My phone's dictionary said that a dream is something you would very much like to happen or have. But another definition states that, it is used to describe something that you think is ideal or perfect, especially if it is something that you though you would never be able to have or experience. The definitions are contrasting that it doesn't make any sense to me.


I think the reason why I do not have a dream because I am a coward.
I am afraid of failure. Because I know failure is inevitable. Because no matter how simple or extravagant a dream is, there will always be a part of it that won't happen. It will be just a waste of brain cells to construct the "Perfect Dream". Just go with the flow. You only live once ;)

No comments: