Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What if?

(c)  http://perpetual-wonder.com/blog/2012/08/03/what-if/


"Dear Claire, "What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if? ... All my love, Juliet."

These are my favorite lines from the movie Letters to Juliet. Though I cut it short cos the next lines are a little bit inappropriate for my post. This blogpost was conceived during a bus ride last Friday (taray ng 'conceived', parang nanganak lang). Tinitingnan ko kasi si kuyang konduktor and as I look into his face I thought, "Hindi pang-konduktor yung face nya. Mukha syang boksingero." I know with a touch of lait yun pero ewan ko ba. Ayun naisip ko e. Hindi naman life-changing ang dating ng post na 'to. My imagination just went overboard as I would like to put it. What if...

What if everyone of us finished a college degree. And maybe running for a masteral degree? What if all of us are professionals? Who would want to take a job like janitor, bus conductor, street vendor, butcher, etc.? I'm not degrading their occupation but compared to others who sit comfortably in their air conditioned offices, their work is tougher BUT pays less.

What if? What if all of us are professionals? The world will be a big mess for sure. I got reminded of this passage: "Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function." - Romans 12:4 (NLV). Before, I thought this is only applicable in churches coming from the Bible and all. But after having these kinds of thoughts, I realized that it can be applied in every aspect of our lives as well. I like how it was translated, 'special function'. It's as if nothing will make sense if one will be left out. Just like the food chain, ecosytem, water cycle. etc. Everyone of us co-exist. No one can live alone. For alone is just a feeling because we will never be alone. Not now, not ever.


Lastly, one must remember not to look down on anyone just because they are placed above others. Let our faith in humanity be restored.

No comments: