Thursday, August 9, 2012

10 Reasons Why I Do Not Like Being Tall

1. Long legs + Shorts = Too much skin will be exposed.
       • I am a fan of shorts. But not short-shorts. Yung saktong shorts lang :) (I know that doesn't make sense) So practically, I cannot buy ready-to-wear shorts because it's waaaaaay too short for me. Yung tipong, sakto lang sa iba, pagdating sakin, panty na (how cruel life can be). My solution? DIY shorts! All those pants that I'm not wearing I cut and sew them to a decent length! Heehee :)

2. Long legs = Huge feet

      • There's this saying, "Every woman has a little Imelda in her wanting to break free.." I'm no fashion devotee but still, there are moments that shoes look so cute that I can't help but to buy it. Sadly, most of the prettiest shoes will only have sizes up to 7 or 8. And I am 9...sometimes 10 (gigantic feet it is) :( There's no other way but to settle to the less prettier one :'(

3. Mistaken age.

       • THIS. ALWAYS. I'm always mistaken to be in my early 20's. And I always respond with, "Bata pa po ako. Malaki lang talaga ko..(insert awkward laugh here)" It's always been a pain to explain myself. Ikaw nga di ko sinasabing mukha ng gurang e. De joke lang. Haha! But honestly, bata pa talaga ko. Sa set of friends ko in High School, ako ang baby nila :)) Ako pinakabata e. You can't win with that! Haha!

4. The Art of Ducking.

      • Ducking as in avoiding. Pag-iwas sa mga obstruction sa daan ko. I was never graceful. I'm always classified as the clumsy one. Accident freak (siguro). Lagi akong tumatama kung saan, nauuntog (lalo na sa bus. sa TV. and yes, kita ng lahat yon) at kung ano-ano pa. I said I need to master the Art of Ducking. But i have never been able to til now.

5. Attention Whore.

      • My height really stands out. Especially in college (in AdU), most of my friends are so small ako agad ang nakikita ng tao. And honestly, I do not like that kind of attention.

6. Beauty Queen and Model Wanna-be.

      • Other people suggest that I should be a model and join beauty pageants even though my figure sucks and I look like a crap. Their reason? Yes, because I'm tall. Enough said.

7. Pumps, Heels, Stilettos and Wedges.

      • I can't wear any of this on a daily basis! Not that I want to but I think every girl should be able to :( (I especially love wedges. I think they're cute and sexy. Okay, that doesn't match at all.)

8. Length Error.

     • Okay, so you know about my long legs now you need to know about my upper body. I have a long upper body also. I like to wear dresses (in private. yung ako lang makakakita. haha! I'm too shy to show them in public kasi! Don't judge! Haha!). But finding the right dress is difficult. Normal length dresses sometimes look like a long shirt to me. Sad but true :(

9. Save the Best for Last.

    • Always last in line (pila daw, by height), sitting at the back (sometimes because of my surname but mostly because if I sit in front, others won't be able to see) and standing in the middle of class pictures (ALWAYS. except 4th year! The photographer granted my little wish.Heehee. Yun nga lang, I'm seated in the center. Tapos ang liliit ng katabi ko. FAIL.).

And lastly....


10. Height DOES Matter.
    • Who would want to be another Jules-Assunta or John Prats-Bianca Manalo couple? I don't want that. But the problem is, guys nowadays are short. Therefore, they won't match with me. What's worse is when you start to like that kind of guy </3

Now that you have read my reasons (all based on personal experience by the way), will you still wish being tall? I always hear people being envious of my height, kung naipapamigay lang siguro to, malamang unano na ko. Think before you wish. Mahirap maging matangkad..lalo na kung babae ka. Case Closed.

No comments: